It may appear that the scan is freezing (locking up), but depending amount of drives, the amount, and type of data on each drive, the length of time required to complete a scan can vary (at least 15-30 minutes).
Follow these easy steps
- Ensure that the computer meets the minimum system requirements for Security Services
- Restart the computer.
- Remove additional Anti-Virus software
- If you are subscribing to the Security Services Anti-Virus service, we strongly recommend that you remove any other Anti-Virus software currently installed on your computer. Two Anti-Virus programs active on one computer can cause system instability. Likewise, if you are installing Security Services Firewall, it is suggested that you disable (but not necessarily uninstall) any other Firewall software currently installed on your computer.
- Shut down open applications
- This includes programs such as: Microsoft Word, MSN Messenger, Outlook Express, Internet Explorer, etc. Usually, selecting File and Exit or Quit from the menu bar will shut down an open program. Now close down any open applications listed on your Taskbar, near the System Clock. Usually, you can right-click on the application icon, and select Exit or Shut down. Note: some of these applications, such as the Volume Control, can not be shut down.
- Attempt a virus scan again
- If the virus scan is still not functioning properly, contact us.