Installation by our FibreOP-certified technician
- You can book a convenient morning or afternoon appointment
- Our friendly and professional technician will:
- Call ahead to confirm your appointment
- Discuss your service needs before they begin
- Check that everything is working, on completion
- Introduce you to your new equipment
Step 1: Arranging the installation is easy
You book a convenient appointment time and we call to confirm it.
- You can book a convenient morning or afternoon installation appointment
- We will call ahead to confirm your appointment date, time and duration
- Most appointments take about 3 hours. You or another adult will need to be present throughout.
What you'll need:
- To ensure that an adult is present for the duration of the appointment
- To have a power bar available
- To have uncluttered access to your TVs and computers
- If you rent, to have permission from your landlord for the technician to drill holes, run wires and access the electrical cabinet to install FibreOP
Step 2: Bringing FibreOP into your home
We discuss where FibreOP can be brought into your home and where you want to locate your equipment.
Before your appointment date, a technician will bring a fibre-optic cable from a telephone pole to the side of your house.
On arrival for your appointment, our technician will:
- Review your order with you
- Complete a survey of your home to discuss:
- Where we can drill a small hole to bring the FibreOP cable into your home through an outside wall. In most cases, this will be in the same place that your phone and electrical services enter your home and we carefully weather-seal the work area.
- The location of your new equipment
- Where your TVs and computers are
Step 3: Connecting your equipment
Our technician connects FibreOP to the equipment in your home.
To make sure that you get the most out of your own fibre-optic connection, our technician will:
- Check the quality of your in-home wiring and make upgrades if required. In some cases, we may use wireless equipment.
- Connect the fibre-optic cable to a small terminal inside your home
- Connect receivers to your TVs, using an HDMI cable when possible
- Determine the best location to install your Whole Home PVR, if required
- Connect 1 wired and 1 wireless computer to FibreOP internet, if required
Step 4: Peace of mind
Our technician cleans up and introduces you to your new equipment.
Our technician will :
- Clean work areas and return them to their original state
- Review a welcome pack with you to make sure you understand how to use your new service(s)
- Check that the work is completed to your satisfaction